On Aug. 11, Township of Tiny council passed a short-term rental (STR) accommodation licensing bylaw (#22-017), requiring that all STR operators within the municipality submit their application by Nov. 15, 2022.
Licence applications will only be received by the township between Oct. 4 and Nov. 15. Details on the application process are forthcoming.
The following are just a few of the highlights of the short-term rental accommodation licensing bylaw #22-017. For a complete list of requirements please visit: www.tiny.ca/business-development/short-term-rentals.
- Applications will be received between Oct. 4 and Nov. 15;
- Shall not rent a premise for more than 92 combined days per calendar year;
- Requirements that a licensee shall only be an individual(s), not a corporation;
- Requirements for signed renter’s code of conduct and licensee code of conduct and acknowledgment;
- The maximum number of renters on any premises shall not exceed 10;
- Requirement to designate a responsible person who can be contacted within 30 minutes and respond on site within 60 minutes;
- Demerit point system established and applicable table listing offences;
- Authority for the licensing officer to suspend or revoke licences as set out in the bylaw.