A process to regulate Airbnbs and other short-term rentals in Brantford has been given initial approval.
- They can be anywhere that residential uses are permitted, including residential zones, commercial zones and agricultural zones.
- Can be located only in principal residences (homes where the owner lives).
- Can’t be within the same dwelling unit as a bed and breakfast establishment.
- Must be registered with the city.
- Under the rules, a short-term rental is considered a maximum of 28 days.